Computer Love+*~.0 Computer Love+*~.0

Hmm

Opening beat sounds like the one in Eric Prydz' "Pjanoo" but is sped up! I don't really hear any house in this, it feels more like techno or trance to me. Nice forward motion but really lacking a central theme for me. Maybe it doesn't need one.

Chronamut responds:

yeah It's lacking some vocals which will come eventually..

and yes this was partially inspired by that song :)

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Fable (Radio Edit) Fable (Radio Edit)

Wow, great!

I really liked Robert Miles' Dreamland album and still return to it in times of emotional difficulty. I think you did a great job with the grit you introduced to such an innocent theme while maintaining the basic textures... Should be three times as long and develop more. at 2:07 the song should continue to build into a full fledged section with chord progression interacting with the beat. For an example of what I mean, check out Dave Darrell's remix of Miles' "Children".

DJ-Qwamii responds:

Thanks. This is a cut version of my Original Radio Edit. That's why it is very short. :}

Melancholia (House Mix) Melancholia (House Mix)

Interesting mix

The driving beat and distant harmonies you used reminds me of the house hit Hometown Glory and the music by Kaskade/Late Night Alumni. I think you could have spent more time polishing both the chord synth and how you introduced it. It still soars, I am just nitpicking. I would have liked to hear a little bit of development and variety in the percussion, the beat. Length is a little short for such a progressive house track. 8/10 ...#

PrEmoEffect responds:

Hmm. I will look up those producers to see what you mean. My newer tracks have more work with the percs because I've heard time and time again that mine are too mundane for house. But yeah, it's good to hear that from multiple sources. Check out my newer tracks, they are much more developed in that sense. I will, however, keep the length to a minimum because well... this is Newgrounds after all. Thanks for the review.

Somebody Anybody Everybody Somebody Anybody Everybody

This is great throwback!

I only wish it had been longer and had taken more time to develop the main ideas.

Ogbeatz - Rainy Day Ogbeatz - Rainy Day

strange harmonies

Really strange harmonies for house detract from what would otherwise be a solid piece. This feels more like a blend of 2010 electropop and anthemic trance than house. I hear effortless transitions and powerful production techniques, but I'm not dancing in my chair and it doesn't sound like house.

YouKraine - Red'n'Blue (Loop) YouKraine - Red'n'Blue (Loop)

poor harmonies

this song doesn't really go anywhere, the beat is OK. you need better synths, better chords, better percussion. listen to more house.

Cooler Than Me (DJQRemixDraft) Cooler Than Me (DJQRemixDraft)

revamp and beat, not a remix

i think it's a nice beat but you didn't work the vocals, which happen to be in 6/8 time, into your beat, which happens to be in 4/4 time. if you have a beat and vocals together for your next draft it will be a proper remix.

DJ-Qwamii responds:

It's still a WIP so do not worry. :)

Stride (Mans0n) Stride (Mans0n)

Not house

But still really nice. It sounds like one of those Ibiza Annual mixes crossed with Niklas Harding. 5/5

Mans0n responds:

this is progressive house lol.

ECHO - Definition of Drea ECHO - Definition of Drea

A kind review

this track clips, reduce the overall levels to increase headroom. google "clipping."

for a nice introduction to piano trance, listen to Robert Miles' "Dreamland" album and anything by Mike Foyle. This here feels more like a rave track.

Since you're new to trance, here's how it works. 32 bar intro with minimal synths, 32 bar outro with minimal synths. Start with a basic beat, bring things in, then bring them out at the end. This is to make trance tracks mixable by djs. (Most trance tracks are at least 5 minutes in length.)

Kick drum needs more punch. Again, google is your friend.

Anyways you've got some good ideas but above all listen to more piano/dream trance and keep working!

Echo responds:

Seriously, i didnt even know whether thsi should be put under trance, cos it sounded like something between a dance and a trance which as u surely know, are similar, but different. True the kick drums need more of a kick but the the track clips are like that because i accidentally rendered it with a low bitrate. Not to worry, im already rendering with the highest bitrate i can render with so the overall quality should improve.

tks for the review though
Darklight17

Spire - Desolated Winter Spire - Desolated Winter

Pretty nice, I like it

Sounds professional, except for a few spots:

1:50: too much in the painful frequency region
In general, kick needs more punch
Please release your tracks with a beatmatchable intro and outro so people like me can include them in our mixes! You did a nice job with the end, but it could be drawn out more, and a rhythmic intro works great.

Thanks for the listen. 8/10, 4/5. Please take my suggestions into account and continue to make good music!

PrEmoEffect responds:

Thanks for the advice. (This was thrown in very hastilly and doesnt have the best of structures). But I might release a club mix, (I'm making a game mix for it during the break). So if you're interested pm me. And I will take ur advice. Cheers